DATE — March 23, 2010 US Senators Grassley and Kohl's Physician Payment Sunshine Act is finally enacted as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (see Sept 6, 2007).
- August 1, 2013: Manufacturers are required to begin collecting payment information.
- January 1, 2014: CMS target date for launching its physician portal, whereby every physician can sign up to be notified when his/her individualized report is available for review.
- March 31, 2014: Manufacturers and GPOs report the payment/ownership data for August 1 - December 31, 2013 to CMS.
- June 30, 2014: CMS target date for providing physicians access to their individualized August 1 - December 31, 2013 report. Through the CMS portal, physicians will be able to contact manufacturers/GPOs if corrections are necessary.
- September 30, 2014: CMS date for release of the data via a publicly available and searchable website.
December 7, 2010 — Article: "The Rules of Retraction", by Melanie Newman discusses the attempts to get the publication of Study 329 retracted.